Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Its been a while

you could say I rediscovered that I had a blog 4 years later.... and you wouldn't be wrong.
I did completely forget about it. life got busy, life got tough, things changed, and things stayed the same.

I'm 23 now. Hard to believe looking through this blog when I was but a tiny little nugget.
I'm a senior in college, and in two years I'll graduate with a BARCH degree in architecture and sustainability.
I'm almost done with my RWYM rider biomechanics coaching certification.
I got a new horse, then had to retire her at 7 over an undisclosed sesamoid fracture. Her name is Azula.
this is her when i was still riding
I'm still not over it. She is a true soulmate and I'm fighting very hard to do whats best for her and be able to retire her where shes very happy.

I leased India out for a year to a wonderful kid who sadly lost interest. The parents didn't keep up to date with her vet checks and she ended up having some bad arthritis develop. As soon as I found out I took her right back. 
She has had injections in her hocks and stifles and is currently getting massage and acupuncture once a month (lucky bug) and has been in a rehab workout schedule for six months. we're back to schooling first and second level even better than last time. She turns 18 this march and other than some pain management shes good to keep going!

Falco was put down when he was 27, his cushings got bad really fast at the end. But he spent his last year wandering around a good friends farm bellowing like a hippo at all the ladies.
My mom ending up buying another chestnut gelding named Falkland 

He likes to channel Oscar the grouch and if he was a person he would definitely like to sit on the couch with a beer belly. But deep down he is a sweet boy and we wouldn't trade him for anything. They are schooling second level getting ready to move up to third. 

The newest member of the motley crew is Ravala. 

Shes a six year old thoroughbred that honestly looks more like 3 year old warmblood. Shes also the tallest at 16.2. Which is ironic because I'm the shortest at only 5'2" 
She doesn't really know anything and I've only had her since october, but she learns fast. The more she comes out of her shell the more I understands just how fast she learns. She's got three great gaits, clean x-rays, and shes not scared of anything (except face towels on occasion, but I doubt the validity of these claims) 

So I guess I'll write again.... maybe redo the blog theme (its so old) I'd like to start using it again. 

1 comment:

buckpony said...

Welcome back!! It is great to see you are almost through college and you are still riding. Hated to hear that Indy developed arthritis, but glad she is back with you and being treated so well. Best wishes - and again, it is good to see you blogging once more!