Monday, July 18, 2011

Missississippi/Kentucky

So basically whats been happnin is i was up in MS for a week as a working student, with Mrs Evie. i learned a lot getting to ride many different horses. And totally falling in love with a new horse named Walkman, who used to be an advanced eventer, and falling in love with Armani all over again!! And now we are in kentucky for Pony Club Champs. We moved into the barns today and i'm team captain....

Shoot Me.

But so far i havent set the whole barn on fire so i think it will be okay.
However why i really wanted to write today is because its been a hard week. And i have to warn everyone...i've been holding in all my whining for about three weeks...sooo get ready. And if your of age and are bound and determined to read this, i promise it will read easier with some alcohol.
Basically i've just been in a crazy estrogen-fueled roller coaster ride that doesn't have any high parts. there are two options: right side up and low and upside down and low.
I've felt like i can't do anything right, and i'm just a failure as a rider. Everyone else seems to be moving so quickly... logically i know their probably moving about as fast as me, but it sure doesn't feel like it.
All of a sudden i can't for the life of me do a change of lead through trot. Don't ask me why, i have no idea.
On a personal note; just went through a breakup, and finished two classes during the summer that the teachers weren't prepared to teach. And i'm totally surprised i passed.
Friends are going through really tough times, and i have a tendency to try and fix everything because i cant stand to see the people i love hurt.
Now i'm stressing out about Champs, i told one of my moms friends that i respect a lot that i'm stressed about it and she told me i'm too young to be stressed out. Which made me feel incredibly ignored, and makes me feel like i'm not being taken seriously.
I just want to be taken seriously.
and i'm just tired...
and i don't know why...
physically i've done way more than this, brain wise i've done way more than this. But for some reason i'm just really tired. I really wish i could just take a week and not do a single thing except go for hacks in a field. Also i'm so totally not looking forward to going back to louisiana. i really hate it there. It is the bumfuck of the horse world, its hot and humid and muddy and bug infested and i don't like it.
So basically thats the end of my rant the pony club rulebook is done printing and now i have to go accomplish 1000 other jobs.
Cest la vie.

3 comments:

Dressager said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better: I DON'T WANNA GO TO COLLEGE, I DON'T WANNA GO TO COLLEGE, I DON'T WANNA GO TO COLLEGE!!!! So, yes, estro-fest is abound.

Also, your comment about LA made me laugh. Because it's kind of true. I didn't even like the Big Easy *GASP* something about all the policemen in the French Quarter and being in a hotel right off Bourbon Street. I saw enough drunks that weekend to satisfy me for a lifetime and further encourage my distaste for liquor.

But you know what: such is life, and you gotta have your sucky moments so that the good moments feel even better, and then the extraordinary moments end up being the time of your life. Keep on truckin, girlie.

At least you're not STILL stuck at TL :)

sarah catherine said...

i love you. when you come back from kentucky, come sleep over. <3

and don't feel too bad about LA being the bumfuck of horse things... at least you're a rider and not a figure skater! the south doesnt take kindly to ice. xD

and i still love you :)

Merideth said...

awwwww i love yall :) <3